Monday, February 4, 2008

Dragons


The dragon is a positive force, and represents power, excellence, and striving for goals, as well as being a benevolent force, which radiates goodwill, good luck, and blessings. Shrines to them can be found in many places in China, usually near the sea, since Eastern dragons tended to be water creatures.
In Eastern culture, the dragon represents the essential forces of Nature. While Emperors consulted them as revered advisors, they did not always follow that advice, and consequently the dragons' anger would either produce storms and floods though the clouds they breathed out, or such things as water shortages, when they beat their tails about, and emptied lakes and rivers. A dragon's celestial breath, known as sheng chi, bestows warmth from the sun, wind from the ocean, soil from the Earth, and water from rain.

7 comments:

00Kevin said...

I bet the dragon doesn't like JIF hahaha

Vonnie said...

Careful Kevin you might get some of that dragon breath coming your way. Personally, I was amazed. I didn't know that much about dragons. I do now. Is this for a report or something? Well, keep on blogging.

Love,
Aunt Vonnie

Shaylene said...

no you won't eric! I will get u even worse! Muahahahahahahahahahaha

00Kevin said...

It looks like it's mad at the camera man.

Hey! Hey you! Ya you! you with the camera and the face. Yes, that's you! Get off my lawn! I tell you time and time again to get off my lawn but nobody listens. Now you're recording! What? Delete that now!

00Kevin said...

What is this? The chinese version of the big bang?

00Kevin said...

I tagged all of you McCowans!

00Kevin said...

Update your blog for crying out loud!!!